Mother’s Day Best Gifts for Elderly. You might be wondering about best gift ideas for your mother or grandmother for mother’s day. Or maybe you are planning a trip to a local nursing home to spread some Mother’s Day joy! Flowers and chocolate may not be the best ideas for elderly people. This list will help you find the perfect gift for that special elderly person in your life!
(Friends: The links in this post are affiliate links. The Aging Authority will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through the links.)
Mother’s Day Best Gifts for Elderly
This list is some of the best gifts we found on Amazon
- Non-slip house shoes- two fold benefits keeps them both comfortable and safe! Women’s or Men’s
- Window bird feeder– can provide hours of joyful entertainment watching the birds up close and personal
- Yarn Dispenser– Does she love knitting? A yarn dispenser can be a great gift for someone with this hobby!
- Gardening Kneeler/Stool- multifunctional gardening support, fold-able kneeler and stool in one, for easier gardening/weeding.
- Lavendar heat neck wrap – very good stress relieving gift!
- Autobiographical Journal– many elder individuals have amazing stories to tell, encourage them to write them down for the future generations
- Heated blanket– Due to poor circulation elderly are often cold, a heated blanket can be just the trick to keeping them warm in the winter months (I like the one in the link because of the auto shut off to safety and the washable cover!)
- Himalayan Salt Lamps– these can be very relaxing and relieve stress- light therapy is also proven to benefit those with dementia
- Memory/Keepsake box– to help them organize treasures from their grandchildren
- Grandmother’s Journal– a keepsake book designed to capture memories of the children and grandchildren.
- Essential Oil Diffuser– relieves stress and tension, promotes overall wellness (the one in the link doubles as a cool mist humidifier!) – see below for link to best essential oils for anti aging. Essential oil infused bath bombs are also wonderful gifts!
- Custom birthstone necklace– Mom or Grandma is guaranteed to love this personalized gift!
- Brain games/puzzles– fun and good for brain health
- Large Print Books – much easier for elderly with vision impairment to read, another idea is to give an Audible gift membership (audio books)
- Gift cards for a nice meal at their favorite restaurant– and be sure to make plans to take them there!
Remember gifts for elderly do not have to be expensive to be appreciated. Sentimental gifts such as photographs or hand made crafts and cards by the children are always cherished.
While the possibilities are endless, one primary way to make sure a grandparent feels special on a holiday is to simply call them! A phone call from a beloved family members means the world to them, especially those who live far away and cannot see their kids or grandkids much. For those who live close a visit would be even more special, especially for those who may live alone or in senior living communities.
Best gifts for Caregivers… Read More…
Best essential oils for anti aging…Read More…