Best Mother’s Day Best Gifts for mom with dementia. You might be wondering about best gift ideas for your mother or grandmother for mother’s day. Or maybe, you are planning a trip to a local nursing home to spread some Mother’s Day joy! However, flowers and chocolate may not be the best ideas for elderly people, especially those with dementia. This list will help you find the perfect gift mom with dementia.
(Friends: The links in this post are affiliate links. The Aging Authority will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through the links.)
Mother’s Day Best Gifts
This list is some of the best gifts for mom’s with dementia
- Window bird feeder– can provide hours of joyful entertainment watching the birds up close and personal
- Yarn Dispenser– Does she love knitting? A yarn dispenser can be a great gift for someone with this hobby!
- Gardening Kneeler/Stool- multifunctional gardening support, fold-able kneeler and stool in one, for easier gardening/weeding.
- Large Print Orientation Clock – Promotes orientation and reduces confusion.
- Simple one touch music player- does your mom love music? This simple music player will make it much easier for her to relax and enjoy her favorite tunes.
- Therapeutic Sensory Toy–Sensory toys designed for anxiety relief and to increase brain activity in seniors with dementia.
- Heated blanket– Poor circulation can cause elderly to often be cold. However, a heated blanket can be just the trick to keeping them warm in the winter months. (I like the one in the link because of the auto shut off to safety and the washable cover!)
- Non-slip house shoes- two fold benefits keeps them both comfortable and safe!
- Himalayan Salt Lamps– these can be very relaxing and relieve stress- light therapy is also proven to benefit those with dementia
- Memory/Keepsake box– to help them organize treasures from their grandchildren
- Grandmother’s Journal– a keepsake book designed to capture memories of the children and grandchildren.
- Custom birthstone necklace– Mom or Grandma is guaranteed to love this personalized gift!
- Brain games/puzzles– fun and good for brain health
Remember gifts for elderly do not have to be expensive to be appreciated. Sentimental gifts such as photographs or hand made crafts and cards by the children are always cherished.
While the possibilities are endless, one primary way to make sure a grandparent feels special on a holiday is to simply call them! A phone call from a beloved family members means the world to them, especially those who live far away and cannot see their kids or grandkids much. For those who live close a visit would be even more special, especially for those who may live alone or in senior living communities.
Best gifts for Caregivers… Read More…
Best essential oils for anti aging…Read More…